Affiliate marketing network LinkShare says travel and retail has been a key growth area in its business this year.
The company has seen 41 advertisers sign up to its network since January 2011, helping it to 34% like-for-like growth in the first quarter of its financial year, compared to the same time last year.
Retailers who started programmes with LInkShare in the first quarter included Marks Spencer, Long Tall Sally, Helly Hansen and Pretty Green. New travel clients included Packyourbags, DHR.com (Discount Hotel Reservations) as well as discount travel supplier Hotwire.
Josh Skoko, director of online marketing at Hotwire said: “For the past ten years, LinkShare has helped us acquire new users in the US and we trust they will be critical in the UK as well, providing an efficient channel to reach our price-conscious target audience and help consumers get great deals on hotels.”
Liane Dietrich, managing director, LinkShare UK said: “We have an established presence in retail and lifestyle and we’re encouraged by the continued growth we are experiencing, especially in the travel sector. Consumers are familiar with the mechanics of affiliate marketing with the use of vouchers and cash-back sites now a common part of the shopping experience.
“It’s also exciting for us to see the green shoots of growth in the travel sector, an area where we believe affiliate marketing holds tremendous potential for brands looking to increase sales while having a measureable impact on consumer behaviour.”
- Buy.com hires Commission Junction for European expansion
- Fashion retailers boost affiliate marketing for Christmas
- Green retail set to soar as prices fall
- comScore Reports $29.1 Billion in U.S. Retail E-Commerce Spending for Full November-December Holiday Season, Up 4 Percent vs. Year Ago
- UK marketers set to increase investment in mobile in 2011
- … while BRC-Google Online Retail Monitor finds mobile retail search rocketing as UK consumers embrace m-retail