Position: Affiliate Marketing Manager
Location: Milwaukee, WI or New York, NY
Reports to: VP, Marketing
Sportsman Channel, the leader in outdoor programming for the American Sportsman, is seeking an Affiliate Marketing Manager. This fast-paced position is responsible for assisting the VP, Marketing to set the strategic direction of affiliate marketing and promotions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow-up to collect sales results from cable systems.
- Coordinate with affiliate coordinators and assistants to carry out details and manage your team’s initiatives and events.
- Use existing resources to create sales packages, coordinate carriage reports, and assemble meeting presentations for the affiliate sales team.
- Assist VP, Marketing to ensure the Affiliate Sales team has the latest network sales, marketing and presentation materials for ongoing events and sales calls.
- Assist VP, Marketing to maintain and stay within budget.
- Coordinate with local cable marketing managers to execute local events and programs.
- Follow through on marketing initiatives including IMO marketing for Cable and DBS systems.
- Participate in industry functions as required.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the cable industry.
- Perform all other duties that may be required by the employer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, internet software (email, calendars, schedules). Knowledge of database management software such as ACT! is a plus. Macintosh knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to travel to sales meetings. May travel on sales meetings if VP, Marketing is unable to attend. May attend 2-3 trade shows throughout the year.
- Will travel with Coordinators to call centers for call center training on Sportsman Channel.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively performing a variety of deadline-driven projects in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- 3-4 years of demonstrated success, preferably in the area of television and / or digital media.
- Enthusiasm for the hunting, shooting and / or fishing lifestyle is a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Insurance: Health, dental, vision, life, disability
Leave and Holidays: 10 sick days, 2 personal days, up to 2 weeks vacation in first year, paid holidays, bereavement leave
Retirement Financial: 401(k) with company match, Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical Dependent)
Half day off on Fridays during summer
Fitness center on site
Business Casual environment
To learn more about Sportsman Channel, please visit our website at www.thesportsmanchannel.com
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should forward cover letter, resume and salary expectations in confidence via email, mail or fax. Please indicate the title of the position for which you are applying.
Sportsman Channel, Inc.
ATTN: Human Resources Manager
2855 South James Drive, Suite 101
New Berlin, Wisconsin 53151
Fax: (262) 432-9138
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, we can only contact the most qualified candidates. We appreciate your consideration.
We conduct background checks on all final candidates being considered for employment.
Article source: http://jobs.cable360.net/c/job.cfm?site_id=1709&jb=8296036